I was out for a while to celebrate Christmas with my relatives somewhere in California. I had a legit great time despite having flu in the middle of my holiday break. I guess that’s what you get when you get too tired from the holiday preparations and you have to deal with a little jet lag along the way.
I am currently waiting for my plane ride going back to NY to spend New Years with my immediate family. I mean, where else could be the best place to celebrate New Year besides watching the ball drop live in Times Square. I’ve witnessed it several times yet the feeling is just the same as it was the first time. But mind you, standing in a freezing temperature plus the fact that you have to hold your bladder because you’re in the middle of a massive crowd is a different story. I guess there’s nothing wrong to deal with a little pain in exchange of an extraordinaire New Year celebration.
2016 has been a tough year for me. The first few months were a roller coaster of emotions which I had to deal with some permanent decisions wherein at that time I had no clue if they were the right ones. But everything made sense as time goes on. Here are some of my realizations from the year the will soon take its final bow:
- There are certain things in life that we don’t want to do but we have to do it anyways to fight for the things that we love. Even if it cost the things that we believe in.
- If I were to choose between time and money, I will always choose time. Money is something that can bounce back. But time is a gift that once you loose it, you can’t take it back.
- It’s really hard not to expect from someone but to avoid so much drama just try to learn not to do it.
- Travel often. Not just travel to somewhere very popular and touristy. Make sure to research a lot and I promise you that you will have the best trip ever. I did a lot of travels this year and Arizona was my favorite one. It was by far the best trip of my life.
- Do not judge people. We don’t know their story and what they are going through. Chances are, maybe you’ll do the same when you’re on the same spot.
- Don’t be scared to let go of people who causes you more damage rather than making you a better one.
- Also, do not be afraid to love, to love again and to trust it one more time.